Tuesday 16 February 2016

Camera Upgrade


My new Olympus OMD EM5 Mk2 Titanium.

After nearly five years of using my Panasonic Lumix DMC GF1 I'm upgrading my camera system.  I got this as a present from my partner for my birthday, which is today, and is a significant double-digit number.  I've been spoilt rotten and I love her for it.

The last time I talked about upgrading my camera system was here.  This is a big deal, because photography is a thing for me, like breathing is a thing – can't live without it.

Anyway, my new micro four thirds camera normal resolution is 16 megapixels.  Lots of reviews on the web.  But what attracted me to it was the fact that it can take 40 megapixel still life pictures through a clever multiple exposure trick that moves the sensor between shots.  It's a good thing.  Especially good if one wants to take high resolution pictures of small toy soldiers.

The difference between my new Olympus OMD and my old Panasonic Lumix is that the latter was a digital camera while the former is a computer that takes pictures.  Colour me over excited.  Fortunately, I have an after market manual to help me learn all the functions, and I can't wait to take some pictures with it and post them here.

So far I managed to set the time and date.  As the saying goes, I may be some time.
  

8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with this baby, Ashley. Will you be attending any Lardy events that you can do a photo report from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know but there's a good chance something will happen.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the impressive present. I'll be expecting fully animated Lego movie style blog posts with Votoms with the new shiny in the upcoming months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely camera hope you get many. Hours of pleasure from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I've just had hours of anxiety from resetting the camera and locking myself out of the hi-res function that was fun for definitions of fun that are not. It's a complicated little beast.

      Delete