Wednesday 5 September 2012

Traveller: Civilians

Time for some more Traveller figures from my collection.  In any game I've run I've always had  to have people and animals to mill around and make life difficult for the players.

I think the rider on the creature is a Martian Metals figure, which was another of those figures I picked up on my visit to Toronto back in 1983 from a place in Yonge Street.  I found a stash of Martian Metals figures in a shop and just bought the lot.

Best figure purchasing decision I've ever made, period. The rest are from Citadel and Laserburn.  The latter are still available here.

Then there are the other people and giant robot, which I modified as I didn't want it to be armed, just large.  Inspired no doubt by watching the droids in Star Wars. All of these figures were used to play contacts that the players met to do deals with.

And finally, have spacesuit will travel.  You never know when you might need a spacesuit, after-all one could end up being picked up by a passing spaceship? 

After all this is Traveller we are talking about.

5 comments:

  1. very nice, love the rider on the beast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. The top pic especially looks like something one would see in "Firefly." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does a bit, doesn't it. Serendipity, and convergent memes mean that Traveller and Firefly share similar tropes.

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I love 15mm scale myself. I've already switched to 15mm for all my sci-fi RPG figures (other than post-apocalypse) and I'm in the process of doing the same for my fantasy RPGs.

    By the way, thought you might like to know that I've finally posted a Battletech battle-report for that campaign I've mentioned on here a few times.

    http://terminusomegamass.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/steel-legion-battle-report-mission-set.html

    If you're interested.

    ReplyDelete