Saturday 15 January 2011

House Liao & Bannson's Raiders

  

Been busy doing nothing, but busy all the same this last week what with health checks and arranging stuff to go back to work after being ill for so long. The good news is that I've been building and painting stuff and working on a new campaign, which will start next week. 
I've therefore been thinking about how to run the campaign and decided that it will be quite free flowing and use various rule sets to portray different aspects of the game that the players will find themselves facing. So, for the really big battles I will be using MechWarrior Clix. It is a quick system that allows one to play out medium size actions, say up to a Battalion's worth of mechs, vehicles and infantry etc on the table. Fortunately over the last year I've built up quite a collection of clix models.

At the start of this piece are a few of my Brannson's Raiders, a mercenary unit that has connections with House Liao. I have a full Company of mechs with supporting forces to go with them.


Above is a picture of some of my House Liao mechs, and again I have substantial numbers of mechs and support forces for them. That is one of the things I love about the MechWarrior Clix game system, you can put a lot down on the table and just get on with getting it on. The funny thing is though, that it's highly unlikely that the players in my campaign will have to face these guys, but you never know when you have an open ended campaign where the players get to make their own sandcastles in the sandbox.

1 comment:

  1. Interestingly, one of the mechs in the Liao scheme in the lower pic is a Raider Industrial Mech.. produced by and for the Bannson's Raiders. which gets across how closely the two worked together towards the end of the MWDA setting.

    ReplyDelete